Sunday, 30 July 2017
MY CHILDHOOD: NO ONE THOUGHT I’D GROW
Remembering my childhood days is just one of the greatest ways of appreciating God for bringing me this far. I was born into a broken home, story had it that I was barely a year old when divorce struck my mother on her face like the Egyptian plague. All effort to halt the plan of a separated home both spiritually and physically was futile, she had to face her greatest fears in marriage after having three children of which I happened to be the last. Well, this is not the time to go deep into her experience in the short marriage, but hopefully someday, I’ll put that up. After the divorce paper was served from the court, mum had to find her tent like the Israelites would have done when their enemies chased after them. At age one, I wouldn’t be wrong to say I was denied the privilege of enjoy mum’s breast to full as required for every toddler. I was left with Dad since mum had to seek shelter for herself before coming to pick her children as stipulated in the divorce paper.
Life began with me at that tender age. I was very very very small, like a child suffering from one chronic disease and indeed I was sick. I had a sickness that everyone thought I would die, all I can still remember was that I would sit on the floor and cry all day because of the pains coming from my anus where I was struck with something unexplainable. Everyone who passed would only pity that small beautiful child sitting all day and dying silently out of pains she couldn’t speak. I guess my dad cared less whether I survived or not, and like the average African man would do after a divorce, he brought in a new wife. Hmmm… yet I was still helplessly sick and couldn’t even get up from the ground that became my closet friend. My brother and sister were still small then and little they could to help their poor sister, and not like these days of telecommunication, perhaps, they could have called mum to come and take me away for proper care. And besides, I remember the first time my mum came to pick I and my siblings for holiday, I refused following her. I cried and rejected all effort made to get me following her because I never knew she was my mum. I thought she was a stranger since that was my first time of seeing her.
AND GOD HEALED ME…
People who knew me then can still testify that I was only good to be thrown away because no one thought I would be healed even with medical attention. One day, I woke up to realize I was healed, I mean totally healed! And this remains a mystery to me and those around me till this day. I was healed without traditional or medical treatment, I was healed even without been taken for assignment. God healed me unexplainably. He healed me, today those who knew me would say “haah! E no good to throwey pikin”
AND I GREW…
If there was a child that growth could have cheated drastically, I would have been the one. Maybe a three years old child would have been much tall and big than me. I remember how a guy back them would often make mockery of me “you no wan pay money for ground make you tall”. I was this smallish beautiful child. Mum said each time she goes out with me everyone would rush to touch and carry me because I was too small and beautiful. People admired my smallish and beautiful looks that they can’t help than play with me till she’s ready to leave. To attest to this here is what happened, back then in my compound there was a family that had protector on their door. One day they mistakenly locked their door and left the keys inside, there was no way they could get into the house and breaking the padlock didn’t come to their mind. Someone remembered that there was a child who could be able to pass through the gate and then Nwa (my home name) was called. “nwa come, nwa come” and with my little legs I ran to meet them, they showed me the keys inside and asked me to go and get it for them. Unbelievable my head could pass through the protector without stress as I went in, took the keys and came
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment