Monday, 3 July 2017
STAY WITH ME...
While I have no shoes on my foot
While I have no clothes in my wardrobe
While I have no pot in my kitchen
While I use firewood to cook
And drink from my ancient barn
Stay with me
While I'm yet to make a name
While I'm yet to hit the fame
While I have no entourage to accompany me
While I have no press to visit me
And no interviewers to host me
Stay with me
While I struggle to be a lady of substance
While I struggle to grab love's cloak
While I battle with broken heart and pains
While I wished I was in Cinderella's land
And waiting for the Prince charming to come
Stay with me
If now I need you to stay
If now I plead you to stay
If now I seek companion and friendship
If now I look for trueness of all
Yet, you've chosen to leave
Hope tomorrow you wouldn't mind
When I build walls of Jericho round about me
Hope tomorrow you won't call it pride
When I parade myself with convoy
Hope tomorrow you won't claim relationship
And even if you do, I'll remind you
When I once pleaded that you stay with me today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment