Monday, 3 July 2017


PUBLIC MARRIAGE PROPOSAL?

Couple of days ago, I finally got to see the video of the ‘airport’ proposal drama of a guy to his girlfriend and I watched how embarrassing and stupid the whole ‘public show’ ended. Well, it was a big disgrace to the guy and foolishness on the part of the lady. I couldn’t help but imagine how on earth would a lady keep a guy kneeling for minutes, have the spectators gingering her ‘say yes, say yes, say yes’ and at the end of the day, she reluctantly got the ring slipped into her finger and walked out of the crowd covering her face. Sisterly, like seriously? Was she trying to say she was ‘shy, blushing, overwhelmed, flabberwhelmed, astound or what! But before we judge the lady, let’s look deep into the reasons behind her action.

Maybe they had been in a long term or short term relationship. Maybe they had known eachother or they were not possibly ‘dating’ as parse. But here is it. As a guy, it is very important to understand the lady you are dating. To think all ladies expect their relationship to lead to marriage is to think that all fishes love salty water. Note, not all ladies are interested in the marriage thing because many tend to get themselves involved in multiple relationship and still feel unsatisfied (not met with the man of their chose). Some would prefer the dating so long as it doesn’t/mustn’t lead to marriage. As a guy, being sensitive in a relationship is paramount to none. Did you know how many relationships ended at the mere mention of marriage? Did you also know most ladies shrink at the mention of settling down because they ain’t fully prepared to spend life with just one man under the same roof? A lady who wants to spend her life with you would always show in actions and in words. So it is needless going out to disgrace yourself all in the name of a surprise marriage proposal.

The lady might be right though. One thing I had always warned is to keep our relationship off the public scene. After the public show, we all go back to our private life (relationship) and no one knows what we face dealing with our partner’s character and lifestyle. The public might applaud how wonderful a couple we would make, they might only see the beautiful times we spent together, they might only focus on how peaceful the whole stuff has been but very few knows that most relationships are just like fish struggling to live on land. Very few knows what’s really happening behind closed doors away from public eyes. Maybe she sees something in the guy that she might not be able to cope with in marriage, so why the hell do you think she should have been moved out of sympathy to say ‘yes’ just to avoid public shame? Would those shouting ‘say yes, yes, yes’ come to live with them after the whole show? Marriage is a lifetime event where love might even fail, so thinking the lady never loved the guy is totally wrong to some extent. She might love him but not to the point of marrying him. And besides, it’s not the responsibility of the ladies to love marriage won’t go too well that way. The guy should do the loving.

To those in a relationship. One thing I often do when I meet a guy newly is to indirectly interview him. He might not know I’m taking note of everything he says and one important question I don’t fail to ask is “what are your plans for the next five/three years?” because I am a lady and I’m not growing any younger. And if after giving me his plans marriage is found missing, I’ll simple operate with him on a more careful ground. But if the reverse, I’ll take a step further into understanding him. I think this question should also be applicable to ladies so you don’t end up having a repeated film show of the Airport proposal drama. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the fanciful public marriage proposal, but, It would be wise to first have an indoor discussion before bringing the drama to the public, write and rehears your script very well while she does same. it's fun and interesting only if bot

No comments:

Post a Comment