MY CHILDHOOD: NO ONE THOUGHT I'D GROW (Cont...)
...
To attest to this here is what happened, back then in my compound there was a family that had protector on their door. One day they mistakenly locked their door and left the keys inside, there was no way they could get into the house and breaking the padlock didn’t come to their mind. Someone remembered that there was a child who could be able to pass through the gate and then Nwa (my home name) was called. “nwa come, nwa come” and with my little legs I ran to meet them, they showed me the keys inside and asked me to go and get it for them. Unbelievable my head could pass through the protector without stress as I went in, took the keys and came out still through the same route. Everyone cheered me up. And it became a normal thing each time they forgot their keys inside that I’ll be the one to go get it for them. The last time I visited that compound early this year, I couldn’t help but weep and laughed when I saw the gate I used to pass through because even a three month old child can’t even be forced through that gate. Today I grew! Last time I visited Lagos a relative saw me and shouted. “Nwa! So you been mean to grow like this!” no one thought I would grow, not even myself. So, that’s why I am always proud of myself, if you like say I’m a short girl I bet you, you have no idea what my growth was like from childhood. Here am I today no stunt growth, no deformity, no regret, no disadvantage, no sickness for over 23 years now. The only thing I might call sickness was toothache which is even now no more. For 23years I lived without treating neither malaria nor typhoid nor all those sickness that needs regular checkup. I’ve lived all my life I barely know what it means to be hospitalized. Each time I see or hear people shout malaria o, typhoid oo, I just turn to bless God whose blood sanctified me right from childhood till this day.
Today, Nwa is grown into a Lady and soon to be a woman. Dad is now proud of her, she’s her mum’s pride, neighbors are amaze at her growth so far, the street marveled how she survived through the turbulent times she had with her father.
This piece is an encouragement to every child out there. It doesn’t matter the home you’re born into, God will help you grow. Not many of us were born in a stable home, it isn’t our fault, God knows why because he planned everything even before we were born. Stay strong… keep your hope high… and you shall sail through.
#SilverGirl
Self Inspired Lady,
Grace

I admire your inventiveness. Keep it up.
ReplyDelete